Our Operations > Solar Energy Project
India enjoys abundance sunlight across most of its geography for bulk of the year. This, combined with favourable renewable energy policies by the Indian Government presents tremendous potential towards development of solar power generation in India. The impetus to pursue opportunities in the renewable energy sector for CLP India is driven by our Group's climate strategy of reducing carbon footprint in the business by increasing the share of non-carbon emitting generation in our portfolio to 30% by 2020.
Veltoor Solar Power Project
  • 100 MW Veltoor Project in Telangana is CLP India’s first solar Power generation project in India
  • The technology that will be used is polycrystalline solar PV modules mounted with single axis tracking system. This project will be developed in partnership with Suzlon Energy Ltd
  • The power generated is being sold to Telangana Southern Power Distribution Company Limited
  • CLP India is continuously evaluating opportunities in Solar and has started monitoring solar resources at different locations to evaluate more reliable, site specific resource potential
  • CLP India currently owns 49% in this project and has an option to increase its stake to 100 % one year after the plant’s commissioning
  • The Veltoor Solar Project is the first project in the world to get the Solar Photovoltaic (PV) project quality certificate from DNV GL
  • The project has won a Silver at the Asian Power Awards 2018 under the Solar Power Project of the Year category
Installed Capacity 100 MW
Technology Polycrystalline
Make JA Solar
Inverter 1000kW Central
Customer TMEIC
Gale Solar Power Project
  • 50 MW solar power project located in Dhule, Maharashtra
  • CLP India currently owns 49 % equity in Gale solar power project and has an option to acquire the remaining 51 % equity in future
  • Gale solar power project was won by Suzlon through competitive bidding
Installed Capacity 50 MW
Technology Polycrystalline
Make 320Wp/325Wp/330Wp Canadian solar
Inverter TMEIC
Customer Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited
Tornado Solar Power Project
  • 20 MW solar power project located in Dhule, Maharashtra
  • CLP India owns 100 % equity in the Tornado solar power project
  • Tornado solar power project was won by Suzlon through competitive bidding
Installed Capacity 20 MW
Technology Polycrystalline
Make 320Wp/325Wp/330Wp Canadian solar
Inverter TMEIC
Customer Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited